we bring metal to life
Whether you are an industrial customer or a residential one, we know it is important to you that your product is coated right. Quality craftsmanship is important to us as well; we take pride in delivering a product that exceeds our customers’ expectations.
Powder coating allows up to coat a product with a decorative and protective finish on a vast array of materials and products. With our 14 ft. by 5 ft. oven capacity and up to a 20 ft blasting capacity we can powder coat a variety of over-sized pieces. We offer a wide selection of custom colors, including textures and metallic.
Since its introduction almost 50 years ago, powder coating has become the fastest-growing finishing technology. Today, most manufacturers have made the switch from liquid finishes to powder coating. Powder coating has allowed them to produce a durable, high-quality finish while expanding production, improving efficiency, and complying with environmental regulations.
how does it work?
Powder coating is a dry finishing process. Particles of pigment and resin are electrostatically charged and sprayed onto the items to be coated. The parts to be covered are electrically grounded so that the charged particles adhere to them. After the powder is applied, it is essentially “baked” in an oven; the coating then adheres to the item coated. The powder coating process is clean, efficient, and environmentally friendly as well as virtually pollution-free.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES?
- Powder coatings provide a superior finish with a consistent application; no drips, runs, or bubbles. Beyond the aesthetic advantages, there are many reasons why powder coating is preferred over conventional liquid coatings. The quality and durability of powder coating are unmatched.
- Powder coating is environmentally friendly, producing less hazardous waste than conventional liquid coatings. Because over-spray can be recycled, it is possible to use nearly 100% of the coating.
- Powder coating is durable and can produce thicker coatings than typical liquid coatings; powder coated items resist cracking, peeling, and chipping. Powder coating withstands harsh elements more effectively than any other type of covering.
- Powder coating is often more cost-efficient than liquid paint.
- Powder coating can maintain its finish for years with little or no maintenance. The color selections are endless with high and low gloss, metallic, and more.